In recent years, many serious clinical studies have been conducted to discover more about the potential benefits and health applications of Cannabidiol (CBD) and other cannabis compounds. The findings of these studies present favorable results regarding the use and potential of CBD and other cannabis compounds for a range of health conditions. The following highlights some of these major findings.
While the insights below share essential points about the possible health benefits and positive effects of CBD and other cannabis compounds, contact the experts at Canna Elixirs whenever you need more answers or guidance about which CBD, hemp or THC products are right for you. We provide the very best in tinctures, capsules, punches and more.
Have Questions about CBD or Our CBD & THC Products?
Call (720) 908-0777 or Email Us
Canna Elixirs is proud to support and serve clients across the state of Colorado. Our experts are ready to answer your questions and help you find the right product(s) for you.
5 Recent Clinical Studies & Findings on CBD & Cannabis
Researchers across the world have conducted various types of studies on CBD and cannabis. This research has included various types of subjects and formats, like:
- Animal-based studies
- Human-based studies
- Double-blind clinical studies
- Survey-style clinical studies
- Clinical research and review studies.
- Some specific and noteworthy CBD and cannabis research includes (and is by no means limited to) studies on:
1. Cannabis & CBD for Pain1 – Conducted by researchers from the University of California, Berkeley and Kent State University, this survey-based study included nearly 2,900 participants and focused on whether CBD and cannabis could be effective alternatives to opioids. At the end of the study, about 97% of respondents strongly agreed that they were able to reduce their consumption of opioids while using CBD and cannabis; just over 80% strongly agreed that taking CBD and cannabis alone was more effective at treating and managing their pain than opioids.
2. CBD for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)2 – Conducted by researchers from the University of Parana, the University of São Paulo and the Federal University of Santa Catarina, this animal-based study included nearly 300 rats and looked at the impacts that CBD had on fear response and fear memories. According to their findings, CBD can reportedly disrupt how the brain consolidates fear memories, leading researchers to speculate that CBD may have powerful applications in the treatment of PTSD.
3. CBD for Seizure Disorders3 – Conducted by numerous independent researchers, studies on CBD for epilepsy have produced promising findings. One such study, which focused on CBD for those with drug-resistant seizures, reportedly found that all participants treated with CBD experienced mood improvements; about 40% experienced fewer seizures; and about 27% became “seizure free.” A different but similar study, which focused on child subjects, found that about half of those treated with CBD experienced fewer convulsive seizure episodes while about 5% of participants became “seizure free.”
4. CBD for Anxiety4 – Conducted by researchers from the University of São Paulo, the National Institute of Science & Technology for Translational Medicine and the National Council for Scientific & Technological Development, this double-blind study included 60 participants and focused on how CBD treatment could impact anxiety related to public speaking. The findings indicated that CBD could significantly reduce post-speech anxiety, leading researchers to suggest that CBD may prove useful in treating panic attacks and other anxiety disorders.
5. CBD for Schizophreniza5 – Conducted by researchers from the Illawarra Health & Medical Research Institute and the University of Wollongong, this systemic review study focused on analyzing the methods and findings of 27 preclinical and clinical articles related to CBD for schizophrenia. They reportedly found that CBD “improves cognition” for various cognitive impairments, including schizophrenia, fibromyalgia, epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease. This led researchers to recommend further studies on the benefits of Cannabidiol for neurological disorders.
While the above studies and findings have enhanced the medical community’s – as well as the public’s – understanding and awareness of CBD and other cannabis compounds, researchers generally agree that more studies are needed. Some recommendations for subjects of future CBD and cannabis studies include (and are not limited to) investigating:
- The potential side effects associated with CBD versus prescription medications and whether either option presents a lower risk of side effects
- The degree to which CBD can be an effective supplemental therapy for various conditions.
Contact Canna Elixirs for the Best Hemp, CBD & THC Products
Call (720) 908-0777 or email us to speak with the experts at Canna Elixirs and get answers about our products and/or to place an order.
Since 2008, Canna Elixirs has been offering potent, high-quality, innovative, safe and effective CBD and THC products. As industry leaders and trail blazers, we are firmly committed to excellence when it comes to sourcing, researching, developing and testing every product we sell. We only use the highest quality strains of organically grown and naturally processed hemp, and we are dedicated being the number one choice for CBD and THC products.